Request Info Pack

Interested in finding out more? Request your info package below:

Study In Canada

Develop your tech skills in Canada’s most bustling entrepreneurial and technology markets. Build your network with RED’s industry connections, in-house thought leaders and community partners that represent some of the fastest-growing companies in North America.

A Warm Welcome

RED students are a part of the RED family, so we spend tailored one-on-one time to help students hit the ground running with their lives in Canada. From a place to live, all the way to the best places to unwind on a Friday night, our team’s got you covered! Our Mentorship Program will connect you with a domestic student currently studying at RED. You can exchange experiences, make new friends, and broaden your network.

Language Requirements

Since our programs are intensive and fast-paced, all prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted. If you are an international student or English is not one of your native languages, we may require one of the following exams:

  • Duolingo English Test 67 or higher
  • TOEFL iBT score of 90 or higher (TOEFL Paper score – 575 or higher)
  • IELTS Academic score 6.5 or higher
  • Cambridge Exam Equivalency (CAE)

Applying For A Visa

Work-Study Programs (48 weeks)

If you are an International Student (No Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency in Canada), you will be required to apply for a Study & Work Permit through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Depending on your country of citizenship, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in addition to your permits. These are some of the required documents to apply:

  • Passport with at least 15 months left before expiry
  • Photo (IRCC has specific requirements of the Visa application photograph),
  • Proof of financial support,
  • RED Academy’s Letter of Acceptance (LOA),
  • RED Academy’s DLI number.

We encourage future students to seek to consult when applying for the Study & Work Permits. In addition, here is a link to a good resource to help you get started.

If you are transferring to RED Academy from a Canadian educational institution, you must notify IRCC when you change institutions in your MyCIC account. It is your responsibility to know and understand the International Student Immigration Regulations. For more information, visit the IRCC website.


All Other Programs (Up To 24 Weeks)

You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts 6 months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.

Most travellers need a valid entry document such as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa to visit Canada. This will depend on your citizenship or your situation.

All visa-exempt foreign nationals except for U.S. citizens need an eTA to enter Canada as tourists. The eTA authorizes to visit Canada for up to six months or until the date prescribed by a border services officer upon arrival to Canada.

Applying for an eTA is a simple, inexpensive (CAD$7) process that takes just a few minutes to complete online. In addition to a fast process, the eTA is electronically linked to a traveler’s passport and is valid for five years or until the passport expires.

Travelers with passports from visa-required countries and territories need a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) to enter Canada.

A visa is an official document that is inserted inside a passport giving permission for you to come to Canada.

Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa.

Getting Started

Once you arrive, look forward to orientation week. Check out the school, meet the instructors, hang out with incoming students and explore the neighbourhood. Before you start class, get fully informed with student policies and rules of Immigration Canada. We also assist our students with the details of applying for a Social Insurance Number and Health Insurance if needed.

How to Apply

Applying is easy. Once you have submitted the online application form, one of our admissions team members will contact you to schedule an in-person or a Skype interview. You’ll then be guided through the next steps. Visit our admissions page for more details.

Work Study Programs

Our Work-Study programs are designed to provide International Students a 48-week, portfolio-oriented curriculum taught by experienced industry professionals. The first 24 weeks are focused on teaching the latest skills and technologies in either UX Design, Digital Marketing or Web Development while allowing students to work up to 20 hours per week. The remaining 24 weeks of the program have students working in paid placement so they can get hands-on work experience in Canada’s booming digital economy.

UX Designer Professional Work-Study

Work-Study 48 Weeks
Start Date:
Created for students who wish to continue working while taking the UX Designer Professional Program, this night class will get you industry-ready in 48 weeks.
Program Details

Web Developer Professional Work-Study

Work-Study 48 Weeks
Start Date:
Launch your career as a junior front-end web developer in 48 weeks with an in-depth portfolio that includes six months of work experience.
Program Details

Digital Marketing Professional Work-Study

Work-Study 48 Weeks
Start Date:
Launch your career in Digital Marketing in 48 weeks with an in-depth portfolio that includes six months of work experience.
Program Details

Interested in finding out more?

Interested in finding out more?

Request Info