Request Info Pack

Interested in finding out more? Request your info package below:

Request Info

Language Requirements

Since our programs are intensive and fast-paced, all prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted. If you are an international student or English is not one of your native languages, we may require one of the following exams:

  • Duolingo English Test 115 or higher
  • TOEFL iBT score of 90 or higher (TOEFL  paper score – 575 or higher)
  • IELTS Academic score 6.5 or higher
  • Cambridge Exam equivalent (CAE)

Canadian Visa For Programs Longer Than 24 Weeks

If you are an International Student (No Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency in Canada), you will be required to apply for a Study & Work Permit through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Depending on your country of citizenship, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in addition to your permits. These are some of the required documents to apply:

  • Passport with at least 15 months left before expiry
  • Photo (IRCC has specific requirements for the Visa application photograph),
  • Proof of financial support,
  • RED Academy’s Letter of Acceptance (LOA),
  • RED Academy’s DLI number.

We encourage future students to seek to consult when applying for the Study & Work Permits. In addition, here is a link to a good resource to help you get started. If you are transferring to RED Academy from a Canadian educational institution, you must notify IRCC when you change institutions in your MyCIC account. It is your responsibility to know and understand the International Student Immigration Regulations. For more information, visit the IRCC website.

Canadian Visa For Programs Shorter Than 24 Weeks

You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts 6 months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada. Most travellers need a valid entry document such as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visa to visit Canada. This will depend on your citizenship or your situation. All visa-exempt foreign nationals except for U.S. citizens need an eTA to enter Canada as tourists. The eTA authorizes to visit Canada for up to six months or until the date prescribed by a border services officer upon arrival to Canada. Applying for an eTA is a simple, inexpensive (CAD$7) process that takes just a few minutes to complete online. In addition to a fast process, the eTA is electronically linked to a traveler’s passport and is valid for five years or until the passport expires. Travellers with passports from visa-required countries and territories need a visitor visa (temporary resident visa) to enter Canada. A visa is an official document that is inserted into a passport giving permission for you to come to Canada. Find out if you need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a visitor visa.

Getting Started

Once you arrive, look forward to orientation week. Check out the school, meet the instructors, hang out with incoming students and explore the neighbourhood. Before you start class, get fully informed with student policies and rules of immigration. We also assist our students with the details of applying for a Social Insurance Number and Health Insurance if needed, where applicable.

Interested in finding out more?

Interested in finding out more?

Request Info